This easy no bake cheesecake is light and creamy and infused with Baileys Salted Caramel Irish Cream and topped with indulgent caramel sauce. As a guaranteed crowd pleaser, this cheesecake makes the perfect celebratory dessert for Christmas or the New Year.
Ready in: 8.5 hours
250g digestive biscuits, crushed
125g unsalted butter, melted
450g full fat cream cheese
100g icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
75ml Baileys Salted Caramel Irish Cream
200ml double cream
For the top:
125ml double cream (optional)
Baileys chocolate truffles
1. Put the crushed digestive biscuits into a large mixing bowl, pour over the melted butter and mix together using a wooden spoon until well combined. Tip the mixture into a 20cm springform tin and use a spoon or the palm of your hand to press the biscuit base firmly into the base of the tin. Pop the tin in the fridge while you make the remainder of the filling.
2. Pour the cream cheese into another large mixing bowl and beat until creamy using an electric whisk. Then, add the icing sugar, vanilla extract and Baileys and beat again until creamy and lump free.
3. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it holds a soft peak then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put the cheesecake back into the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight, to set.
5. When you’re ready to serve, run a palette knife around the side of the cheesecake to loosen it from the tip. Unclip the tin and carefully slide the cheesecake onto your serving plate.
6. Finally, gently whip the double cream and transfer into a piping bag, fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe the cream around the edges of the cheesecake (if you wish) and decorate with the chocolates and caramel sauce.
For more festive recipe inspiration, click here.