These speedy flatbreads need just 3 basic ingredients and are ready in a matter of minutes! A great way to be resourceful. Perfect served with a range of dishes including tagines, curries and koftas!
350g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp. baking powder
350g natural yoghurt
- Place all the flatbread ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a spoon, then use your hands to bring everything together
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough
- Knead for a minute or so to bring it all together (this isn’t a traditional bread recipe, so you don’t need to knead it for long – just enough time to bring everything together)
- Divide the dough in half, then divide each half into 6 equal-sized pieces (roughly the size of a golf ball)
- With your hands, pat and flatten the dough, then use a rolling pin to roll each piece into 12cm rounds, roughly 3mm thick
- Place a griddle pan on a high heat, then once hot, cook each flatbread for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they puff up, turning with tongs
- Enjoy the speedy flatbreads alongside a dish or dips of your choice.
For more resourceful recipe tips, read our Back to Basics blog post.