For the savoury pancake lovers, these mouth-watering Brie and bacon pancakes will be your Pancake Day go-to! The fluffy pancakes are oozing with Brie and topped with crispy bacon. For a more substantial weekend brunch, top with a poached egg and roasted tomatoes alongside the bacon. You will find delicious Brie and bacon in our Farm Shop.
Ready in: 40 minutes
10 rashers streaky bacon
300g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
300ml semi-skimmed milk
2 tbsp sunflower oil
25g salted butter
150g Brie, thinly sliced
50g grated Cheddar
1. Grill the bacon under a high heat for around 5 minutes, turning halfway, until crispy. Cover with foil then set aside.
2. Pour the flour, baking powder, sugar and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl. Briefly stir, then gradually whisk in the eggs and milk until a smooth, thick batter forms.
3. Next, heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan until it begins to sizzle.
4. Spoon in a tablespoon of the batter and spread out with the back of a spoon to form a 10cm circle. Top with a couple of slices of Brie and a pinch of Cheddar. Spoon more pancake batter over the top to cover the cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles start forming on the surface. Carefully flip the pancake and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Once cooked, remove from the pan and keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes.
6. Serve warm with the crispy bacon.