These cabbage enchiladas make a tasty yet healthy meal. With the same great flavours of traditional enchiladas, they’re a great way of cutting down on the carbs by switching the tortilla for cabbage. They taste even better the next day too, so don’t forget to put a portion aside for lunch the following day!
Ready in: 1 hour
1 Savoy cabbage
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp chilli powder
300g cooked chicken, shredded
320g red enchilada sauce
2 tbsp chopped coriander
100g Monterey jack cheese, grated
50g Cheddar, grated
Salt to season
Sour cream, to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 180C. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Use tongs to dip each cabbage leaf in the boiling water for around 30 seconds, until softened, then place on a paper towel lined plate to dry.
2. Heat the oil over a medium heat, then add the onion and bell pepper and season with salt. Cook for around 5 minutes, until softened, then add the garlic, cumin and chilli powder.
3. Next, add the shredded chicken and 240g enchilada sauce and stir until everything is covered. Turn off the heat, add the coriander and stir again.
4. To construct, place a large spoonful of the chicken mixture into the centre of a cabbage leaf. Fold the short sides of the cabbage leaves inwards and then roll up. Place the roll into a large ovenproof dish. Repeat this process until all of the chicken mixture has been used.
5. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the cabbage rolls and sprinkle with both cheeses. Bake until the cheese has melted and golden. Garnish with sour cream and coriander, serve and enjoy.