The sweet tang of cherries combined with rich dark chocolate is truly delicious in these chocolate and cherry cheesecake brownies. Whether you enjoy them cool with a cup of tea or warmed as a dessert, we guarantee you’ll be wanting another piece! This quick and simple recipe is perfect for some mid-week baking.
The cherry season doesn’t last long, so pick up yours from our Greengrocers before it’s too late.
Ready in: 90 minutes
175g unsalted butter
125g dark chocolate
300g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
100g plain flour
400g cherries, de-stoned
For the cheesecake layer
200g low-fat cream cheese
50g caster sugar
1 medium egg
Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
1. Preheat oven to 180C, then lightly grease and line an 8inch square tin.
2. Whisk together all the cheesecake ingredients until smooth and set aside.
3. To make the brownie, start by melting the chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir this into the chocolate mixture and add the flour. Mix well to combine.
5. Half 200g cherries and stir into the chocolate mixture.
6. Drop alternate spoonfuls of each mixture into the prepared tin. Using a skewer, swirl together to create a marbled effect. Scatter the remaining cherries on top and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Cool completely in the tin then chill for at least 2 hours to set.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.