These tasty pea fritters make a nutritious snack for all the family to enjoy. Cut into fingers and enjoy with natural yogurt for a light bite or serve whole with a poached egg and smoked salmon to start the day.
This recipe can be adapted so that you can add in extra ingredients as you wish such as a hint of garlic or sweetcorn. You can even swap mint to parsley or basil, or use a combination of each for full on flavour.
English peas can be purchased from our Greengrocers.
Ready in: 30 minutes
120g self-raising flour
35g Feta cheese, crumbled
1 spring onion, chopped
2 tbsp chopped mint
Zest of ½ lemon
1. Shell the peas (if required), cook for 4 minutes and drain.
2. Place half the peas into a food processor along with the flour, eggs and spring onion, then pulse until combined.
3. Gently stir in the remaining peas, as well as the Feta cheese, mint and lemon zest.
4. To cook, grease a large frying pan and place over medium heat. Spoon in tablespoons of the mixture and gently fry for 2 minutes. Flip over and gently press down with the spatula to flatten (if needed) and cook for a further 2 minutes. Continue cooking until all the mixture has been used up and grease the pan as required.
5. Serve straight away with a sprinkle of extra spring onion and a sprig of mint.
Top tip: Pre-heat the oven to 125C and place the cooked fritters on a baking tray to keep warm until the remaining fritters are cooked.