This no-bake Strawberry Cheesecake recipe is very easy to make and is a delicious summer dessert, perfect for any occasion. You can enjoy a slice on its own or with a little pouring cream. British Strawberries are now available at our Greengrocers.
Ready in: 55 minutes + setting time
Serves: 8 – 10
650g soft cheese
300g digestive biscuits
300ml double cream
200g strawberries, hulled and chopped
175g icing sugar
150g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
For the topping
50g caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1. Grease the bottom and side of a 20cm springform cake tin and line the bottom with baking paper. Crush the digestives in a bag using a rolling pin and tip into a bowl. Pour in the melted butter and mix through. Press the biscuit evenly into the base of tin and put in the fridge to set.
2. Whisk the soft cheese in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and stir through.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream, vanilla extract and seeds until soft peaks form. Add the cream to the soft cheese along with the chopped strawberries and fold through until combined.
4. Spread the filling over the biscuit base and put back into the fridge for at least 4 hours to set. Overnight is best if possible.
5. Next, make the topping. Take 100g of strawberries and chop into quarters. Place them into a small saucepan with the caster sugar and a dribble of water. Warm over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until the strawberries have softened and the sugar has melted. Mash the strawberries in the pan, then pour through a sieve and transfer back into the saucepan. Add the cornflour and put the pan back on the heat, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens and is smooth. Leave to one side to cool.
6. When the cheesecake is set, remove it from the tin and transfer it onto a plate. Hull and half the remaining strawberries. Pour the cooled sauce over the cheesecake, top with the strawberries and serve.