This no mayo potato salad with bacon is ready in just 30 minutes! We’ve used Cornish Potatoes as they are in season and we love their buttery flavour and soft skin. However any new potatoes that you might
Cooks in 30 minutes
For the Potato and Bacon Salad
- 450g Cornish Potatoes
- 2 tsp salt, for the boiling water
- 450g smoked back bacon
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium/large ear fresh sweetcorn with kernels cut off (150g of tinned sweetcorn can be substituted)
- Handful of spinach
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- To a large pan, add the potatoes, cover with water, a generous sprinkle of salt, then bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and allow potatoes to simmer for 15 minutes, until tender. Set aside. While potatoes cook, fry the bacon.
- To a large frying pan, add the bacon and cook over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes, flip intermittently. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and when it’s cool enough, crumble it; set aside.
- Fry the onion in the bacon pan, using all of the oil left behind for flavour. Cook over a low heat for about until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Take pan off the heat.
- For the dressing, take a large bowl, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, sugar, a little salt, pepper, and whisk to combine well.
- Halve or quarter the potatoes depending on their size and add to the large bowl. Add the crumbled bacon, red onion and garlic (use a slotted spoon to remove because there will be excess bacon fat in the pan) corn, spinach, parsley, and mix well to combine.
- Adjust to taste and serve immediately if desired or cover and refrigerate for later. This potato salad will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days.