This roasted new potato, feta and kale salad is super tasty and filling. It is packed full of nutrient-rich kale and is perfect for a midweek lunch. This salad serves two, so for larger portions increase the quantities below.
Ready in: 45 minutes
200g new potatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 banana shallot, chopped
1 ripe avocado, flesh scooped out
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
25g feta, crumbled
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
Handful of walnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Bring the potatoes to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until mostly tender, then drain and steam dry. Tip the potatoes into a large roasting tin along with the garlic. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, season, then roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Next, squeeze half the lemon juice over the shallot and half the kale. Season, then massage together gently to soften the kale.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the roasting tin and add the remaining kale on top of the potatoes. Drizzle with a little oil, season and return to the oven for around 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, blitz the garlic, avocado, mustard, remaining oil and lemon juice together in a food processor. Add enough water to create a smooth dressing and season.
- Remove the roasted potato and kale from the oven and mix with the raw kale salad. Tip into a serving bowl and top with the dressing, crumbled feta, chilli flakes, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
For more recipe inspiration, click here.