Plan for the best Christmas dinner ever! Try making our Ultimate Roast Potatoes, with Goose Fat available from our Farm Shop. Visit our Greengrocers to get the best potatoes for your Christmas dinner.
Ready in 1 hour 15
1kg Becketts Farm Shop Wilja Potaotes
100g Becketts Farm Shop Goose Fat
2 tsp Flour
1. Put a roasting tin in the oven (big enough to take the potatoes in a single layer) and heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2 .Peel the potatoes and cut each into 3-4 even-sized pieces. Place the potatoes into a large pan and pour in enough water to barely cover them. Add salt, then wait for the water to boil. As soon as the water reaches a full rolling boil, lower the heat, put your timer on and simmer the potatoes uncovered, reasonably vigorously, for 2 mins.
3. Meanwhile, put 100g of goose fat into the hot roasting tin and heat it in the oven for a few mins, so it’s really hot.
4. Drain the potatoes in a colander then shake the colander back and forth a few times to fluff up the outsides.
5. Sprinkle with 2 tsp flour and give another shake or two so they are evenly and thinly coated.
6. Carefully put the potatoes into the hot fat, turn and roll them around so they are coated all over.
7. Roast the potatoes for 15 mins, then take them out of the oven and turn them over.
8. Roast for another 15 mins and turn them over again. Put them back in the oven for another 10-20 mins, or however long it takes to get them really golden and crisp. The colouring will be uneven, which is what you want.