This cauliflower crust pizza is a great healthy alternative to your regular pizza. The possibilities are endless as you can switch up your choice of toppings to suit the whole family!
Cooks in: 1 hour
For the base:
1 whole cauliflower
100g ground almonds
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp of dried oregano
For the topping:
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp of tomato purée
2 tbsp olive oil and a little left aside for greasing
1 small red onion, sliced into 8 chunks
1 small handful of basil leaves
125g of mozzarella cheese
1 garlic clove, crushed
25g of grated parmesan, with a little extra to serve with
1 pinch of chilli flakes
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the cauliflower into chunks and place into a food processor until crumbled.
2. Pour all the cauliflower into a bowl, cover with cling film and microwave on 900W/High for 5-6 mins until softened. Once cool enough, tightly fold the tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then pour into a clean dish. Mix in the ground almonds, egg, oregano and plenty of salt and pepper.
3. Place greaseproof paper onto a baking tray and lightly drizzle with oil. Place mix into the centre of the tray, and shape into a 30cm circle. Bake for 15-18 mins until golden.
4. For the sauce, put the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, garlic, salt and pepper into a blender until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan, and cook for 8-10 mins until thick. Add half of the basil into the sauce.
5. Once the cauliflower base is cooked, leave it to cool a little. Turn the oven up to 240C/220C fan/gas 8. Spread the tomato sauce over the base, then add parmesan and mozzarella on top. Sprinkle over chilli flakes and return to the oven for 10-12 mins. Before serving, sprinkle a little more cheese and scatter along with the remaining basil leaves.