Serve up this delicious chicken and leek pie as a hearty meal for the whole family. Perfect for a cosy night in. Double up on quantities so you can pop one in the freezer for a speedy (but healthier) dinner. Visit our Farm Shop where you will find all the fresh vegetables and meat needed.
Ready in: 90 minutes
4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
2 medium leeks, trimmed and thickly sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
150ml white wine
150ml chicken stock, hot
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
375g pack of ready-rolled puff pastry
150ml double cream
1 medium egg
1. Using a large frying pan, heat the oil then add the onion and leeks and allow to cook for around 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the chicken pieces, and cook through, stirring occasionally.
3. Next, stir in the garlic and the wine, the leave to simmer until it has reduced by two thirds.
4. Pour in the stock and simmer again until it has reduced by half. Then, add the cream and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and leave to thicken for around 5 minutes. Season to your preference, transfer into a large ovenproof pie dish and then set aside to cool.
5. Unroll the pastry and cover the top of the pie dish. Press down the edges to seal and trim off any excess leaving approximately 1.5cm around the edges to allow it to shrink. Snip a small hole in the centre of the pastry, then chill for 15 minutes.
6. Whilst the pie is chilling, pre-heat the oven to 200C.
7. Remove the pie from the fridge, beat the egg and then brush over the pastry.
8. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until the pastry is golden in colour.