Make and serve these kale and feta loaded sweet potatoes as a light and healthy lunch. Packed with vegetables and topped with pumpkin seeds, they also give you three of your five-a-day. Visit our Greengrocers for your fresh kale, sweet potatoes and onion.
Ready in: 60 minutes
2 sweet potatoes
200g chickpeas, drained
30g feta, cut into small cubes
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 tsp caster sugar
1. Start by heating the oven to 200C. Use a fork to prick the sweet potatoes, place them into a roasting tin and bake in the oven for around 40 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven, add the chickpeas, then roast for a further 10 minutes, by which time the potatoes should be soft and the chickpeas should have slightly crisped.
3. Whilst the potatoes are in the oven, mix the onion with the vinegar and leave to one side to pickle.
4. Using a separate bowl, mix together the oil, chilli flakes and feta, then leave to marinade.
5. Once the potatoes are in their final minutes of cooking, cook the kale in a pan of boiling water for around 3 minutes, or until wilted.
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven, cut in half and top with the chickpeas, kale, red onion (reserving the vinegar), feta and pumpkin seeds.
7. Toss the rocket in the reserved vinegar and serve on the side.
Don’t forget to tag @BeckettsFarm in your creations on social media. You can find more recipe inspiration on our blogs page.