Enjoy this recipe for the ultimate homemade burgers. The kids can have fun getting involved in making this simple recipe too. Don’t forget to visit our Farm Shop for an amazing range of relishes and sauces. From luxury, traditional condiments, to something a little different like Blue Cheese Mayonnaise from Mrs Darlington’s, or Vampire Relish from The Garlic Farm. There’s something for all.
Make in: 40 mins
500g Becketts Butchery beef mince
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Small handful chopped parsley
1 free-range egg yolk
4 Becketts Bakery burger baps or brioche rolls
8 slices Fowlers of Earlswood, extra mature cheddar
3 tomatoes, sliced
1 baby gem lettuce, roughly chopped
½ cucumber portion, sliced thinly
- Place the beef mince, garlic, mustard, egg yolk and parsley into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers using the palms of your hands to press down.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue to a high heat. Cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side or until well browned and cooked.
- Top each burger with a couple of slices of cheese for the final few minutes of cooking to allow it to melt slightly.
- Top the burger bun bases with the burger. Add some tomato, lettuce and cucumber slices. Add your choice of relish or mayonnaise (see tip below) and then add the other half of the bun.
- Enjoy with salad and home cooked potato wedges.
Top your burger with your favourite sauce, relish or mayo. For something a little different pop into the Farm Shop and discover a wide range of unusual and enticing condiments. Mrs Darlington’s Blue Cheese Mayonnaise is fantastic on these burgers or Bay Tree’s Spicy Tomato and Caramelised Onion Chutney adds real zing. For a kick, why not pick up a bottle of Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup. Garlic lover? Don’t miss out on Vampire Relish from The Garlic Farm, it’s a blood-red tomato salsa with serious garlic undertones. There really is something for everyone