Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Little gem is the perfect lettuce for this recipe as it’s small, crunchy and holds its shape well. If you fancy chopping and changing this recipe chicory works well instead of the lettuce. The recipe is a lovely light dish for the summer months, and the Garlic Farm teriyaki sauce will quickly become a new favourite staple in your fridge!
Cook in: 20 minutes
11/2 tbsp rapeseed oil
450g Becketts Butchery chicken breast, cut into small chunks
3 little gem lettuce – only need the outer leaves
1 large carrot peeled and sliced into matchsticks
2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger peeled and chopped finely
2 red chillies sliced (optional)
3 tbsp Garlic Farm teriyaki sauce
11/2 tbsp Becketts Farm honey
3 spring onions sliced
Slices of radish to serve
Handful of chopped, unsalted peanuts or cashew nuts to serve
- Heat the oil on in a large frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring often until the chicken starts to brown.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking remove and wash the outer leaves from the little gem lettuces. You’ll need 10 of the larger leaves. Pat them dry and arrange on a plate.
- Add the carrots to the chicken and cook for one minute, then add in the garlic, ginger and chillies (if using) and cook for another minute.
- Add in the teriyaki sauce and honey and bring the mixture to a simmer. Allow to cook gently for a couple of minutes more until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon the chicken mixture out into the lettuce leaves and top with radish, spring onion and the nuts (if using). Serve straight away.
Did you know we produce honey on our farmland? Check out this blog post for more info!