Enjoy this recipe for the ultimate homemade burgers. Get the kids to help make these tasty burgers for a fun yet simple afternoon activity. You could cook and enjoy these tasty burgers straight away or make and freeze them for a sunny barbeque day. Don’t forget to visit our Farm Shop for an amazing range of relishes and sauces. From luxury, traditional condiments to something a little different, there’s something for all to enjoy.
Ready in: 40 minutes
For the burgers
1kg beef mince
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 dill pickle gherkin, finely chopped
An egg yolk
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Small handful chopped parsley
8 Becketts bakery bread rolls
200g Abbots Gold Cheddar with Caramelised Onion
The Garlic Farm tomato ketchup with garlic and chilli
Cucumber and tomato, sliced
1. Put all of the ingredients for the burgers into a large mixing bowl. Mix well, by hand or with a spoon and season. Cover with cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for approximately 1 hour.
2. Dampen your hands and shape the mixture into 8 burgers. If you wish to freeze the burgers, do this now. Place a small sheet of baking paper in between each burger and put them into a freezer proof container. These will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Remember to defrost fully before cooking.
3. When ready to cook, heat the barbeque to hot. You can brush the burgers with a little oil if you wish, then cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked.
4. When cooked, place a slice of cheese on top of each burger and leave for a minute or two until the cheese has melted.
5. In the meantime, prepare the salad and spread the relish over the base of the burger bun. Top with lettuce leaves, followed by the burger, remaining salad and the top of the bun.
For more great recipe inspiration, click here.