This salmon and mixed vegetable traybake is packed full of flavour, yet so simple to make. It can be whipped up in just 45 minutes, which is perfect for a speedy midweek meal. The recipe is full on flavour but definitely saves on the washing up! The “all-in-one” method is perfect for feeding the family – simply pop the dish in the middle of the table and tuck in. You will find fresh Evesham tomatoes in our Greengrocers.
Ready in: 45 minutes
300g Jersey Royal potatoes
270g Evesham cherry tomaoes (on the vine)
4 salmon fillets
3 large vine tomatoes, halved
2 red onions, cut into wedges
2 or 3 peppers, mixed colours, sliced into strips
1 courgette, thickly sliced
1 garlic bulb, cut in half
Fresh basil leaves, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Place the potatoes in a large pan of cold water, cutting any larger potatoes in half so that they are all around the same size. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-7 minutes then drain and leave to one side.
3. Put the 3 large tomatoes, onions, peppers, courgette and garlic into a roasting tray, then drizzle with olive oil and some seasoning. Stir gently then roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Next, add the vine tomatoes then place the salmon fillets on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with a little more oil and lemon juice, then season.
5. Return to the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
6. Toss the fresh basils leaves over the top to serve.
To make your salmon extra tasty, use a chilli and honey marinade before cooking to pack in some more flavour. Simply crush 3 garlic cloves then mash a 2cm piece of ginger and combine in a bowl. Pour in 150ml sweet chilli, 50g honey and 100ml soy sauce. Mix well then spoon over the salmon. Leave to marinade for 30 minutes before cooking as above.