Perfect for Boxing Day, this Turkey Biryani is great for using left over Turkey if you’ve got room for it.
Ready in 40 min
Top Tip: Why not try it with one of the family sized naan breads from the Farm Shop.
300g Basmati Rice
1 Large Onion, finely sliced
1 Bay Leaf
3 Cardamom Pods
Small Cinnamon Stick
1 tsp Turmeric
Left over Turkey
4 tbsp Curry Paste
850ml Chicken Stock
30g Coriander, 1/2 chopped, 1/2 leaves picked
2 tbsp Toasted Flaked Almonds, to serve
1. Soak 300g basmati rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear.
2. Heat 25g butter in a saucepan and cook 1 finely sliced large onion with 1 bay leaf, 3 cardamom pods and 1 small cinnamon stick for 10 mins.
3. Sprinkle in 1 tsp turmeric, and 4 tbsp curry paste. Cook until aromatic.
4. Stir the rice into the pan with 85g raisins, then pour over 850ml chicken stock. At this point add the chunks of left over turkey.
5. Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to a hard boil, then lower the heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 mins.
6. Turn off the heat and leave for 10 mins. Stir well, mixing through 15g chopped coriander. To serve, scatter over the leaves of the remaining 15g coriander and 2 tbsp toasted almonds.