This recipe is sure to go down well with the kids during the school holidays and they can even help to make the breaded chicken and dip. You can be confident that there are absolutely no nasties in these crispy chicken goujons, made from scratch with 100% chicken breast meat. Not just for kids, this dish will go down a storm with grown-ups too and is a great finger food option for parties!
Ready in: 45 mins (plus marinating time)
500g chicken breast, sliced into goujons
For the Marinade
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp flaked sea salt
½ tsp onion powder
11/2 tsp mixed herbs
¼ tsp white pepper
For the dip
100ml American (Yellow) mustard
4 tbsp Becketts Farm honey
1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the chicken and coat well. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least four hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Take a bowl and fill with the breadcrumbs. Take a piece of chicken from the marinade and dip into the bowl of breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place the chicken pieces on a lined baking tray. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated in breadcrumbs.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crisp and golden brown.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the dip by whisking the three ingredients together in a bowl to combine.
Serving Suggestion: serve the chicken and the honey mustard dip with jacket potatoes and crisp iceberg lettuce. Visit our Greengrocers for a wide range of fresh salads.