Enjoy this delicious red pepper, kale and feta quiche as a main meal with an accompanying salad. The quiche will keep in the fridge for up to three days, so you can make it ahead of time and re-heat in the oven or slice and eat cold. You can always adapt this recipe with different vegetables, our Greengrocers keep a stock of fresh, seasonal produce if you need some inspiration.
Ready in: 75 minutes
120g mozzarella cheese
60g feta cheese
1 or 2 red peppers
125ml whole milk
A box of ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Place the pastry into a flan dish, crimp the edges and trim off any excess, leaving a 1.5cm edge.
2. Cover the pastry with baking paper, then top with baking beans. Blind bake the pastry for 15-20 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Remove from the oven, taking out the beans and paper. Return to the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Whilst the pastry is cooking, prepare the fillings by shredding the kale and cutting the peppers, mozzarella and feta into chunks, then place in the bottom of the pie shell when the pastry is cooked.
4. Using an electric whisk, mix the eggs and milk together and season with a little salt and pepper if you wish.
5. Pour the mixture over the filling and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.